Great reputation: In my humble opinion, one of the most important criteria when selecting a sportsbook is its reliability and trustworthiness. What’s the point of opening an account with a bookie you fear might not pay you back? has a very solid reputation in the sports betting industry; in my book, they are certainly in the top 5 among all online bookies in this regard. I have had an account with them for over 10 years and I have never experienced a problem when requesting a payout.

Displaying betting trends: Bookmaker has a nice feature that I find very handy on its website: they are showing the proportion of gamblers that have placed a wager on each betting option. The image below shows you an example; you can see that 20.8% of the money line bettors have backed the Cincinnati Reds, while the remaining 79.2% took the Washington Nationals.

Good odds: The vigorish is below-average, which is good news for the players because it means Bookmaker is taking a smaller commission on each bet. You get -105 lines on Major League Baseball (MLB) money lines and -110 lines on run lines or totals. You are getting -115 lines on Japan-Korean-Mexican baseball leagues, which is pretty standard. The most important soccer leagues like English Premier Division, USA Major League Soccer or Brazil Serie A have -110 lines, as opposed to -115 lines on smaller leagues like Kazakhstan Premier League, China Superleague or Sweden Superettan. As far as the CFL (Canadian Football League) and the WNBA are concerned, we are getting 20-cent lines which is fine. In summary, the competitiveness of their lines is above-average (though not as great as Pinnacle or 5Dimes).

Attractive bonuses: The welcome bonuses are really worth it. At the time of this review, you could pick one of the following three options:

          • A 15% free play up to $2500 that has to be rolled over 4 times (4x). That’s one of the best offers in the sports betting world because of the very low rollover requirement coupled with the high $2500 limit. That’s the best of the three alternatives in my point of view;
          • A 50% free play up to $300 that comes with a decent 10x rollover. You are also entitled a 50% casino bonus up to $300, which is optional. If you accept the bonus, you must meet a 40x rollover. That’s a pretty harsh prerequisite;
          • If you deposit bitcoins, you are eligible for a 50% CASH bonus up to $1000 associated with a 15 times (15x) rollover requirement. I love the fact that this is a cash bonus instead of a free play, but the conditions are harder to meet.

          Rewards program: Bookmaker has a nice rewards program that determines the reload bonus you are entitled to. You also accumulate points when placing wagers, which can be converted into cash or prizes. Let me brief you on the program:

                  • You start at the Gold level. You move up to the Platinum level once you have accumulated at least 30,000 BetPoints over the past 12 months, and you reach the Diamond level if you managed to get over 300,000 BetPoints.
                  • How do you accumulate BetPoints?
                  • 0 point: Money lines or live wagering;
                  • 0.5 point: Props, futures, soccer, 3-way hockey lines, tennis, golf and other sports;
                  • 1 point: Spreads or totals on major sports;
                  • 1.5 point: Teasers, if bets, reverse bets;
                  • 2 points: Parlays (accumulators).
                  Bookmaker – professor mj - sports investor way hockey lines, tennis, golf
                • They are taking the smaller of the “risk” and “win” amounts. For instance, if you bet 50$ to win 30$ on a NFL spread bet, you will receive 30 BetPoints.
                • The reload bonus is a 10% free play up to $2500 with a 3x rollover for Gold and Platinum members. Diamond members receive a 15% free play up to $2500, but this time with a 4 times rollover requirement.
                • Platinum members accumulate an extra 10% on BetPoints compared to people having the Gold status, while Diamond members receive an additional 10% on BetPoints versus the Platinum level.
                • You can redeem your BetPoints in exchange for cash, gift cards, airline miles or merchandise. The wisest move is to get cash back. The following chart shows how much you earn based on your level and the number of BetPoints in your account: For example, 5000 BetPoints can be exchanged for $25-$31 USD depending on your level.
                • 24/7 player support: Wagering center and customer service offices are always open. I have never had to deal with their wagering center since I always place my bets online, but I was satisfied by their customer representatives. Very professional.

                  High limits: Their betting limits are known to be among the largest, especially for US-friendly sportsbooks.


                  Bookmaker – professor mj – sports investor
                  Tagged on: