The term ‘free bet’ seems to have many meanings and is used in many different contexts. Generally, the term is used in relation to betting sign up offers as a way of incentivising new customers to join a bookmaker (although there are many existing customer offers where you can also earn free bets).
Furthermore, for those into arbitrage betting or matched betting, placing your bets with various bookmakers reduces the chances of having your accounts restricted.
Types Of Free Bet Sign Up Offers
There are various types of free bet offers and welcome bonuses that bookmakers use as incentives. These include:
- Matched Free Bets – Receive a free bet to the same value of your first bet.
- Risk Free Bets – Receive a refund if your first bet loses.
- Bet £5 Get £20 – Place a £5 bet and receive £20 in free bets.
- Bet £10 Get £30 – Place a £10 bet and receive £30 in free bets.
- No Deposit Free Bets – Receive a free bet without having to make a deposit.
- 100% Matched Deposit Bonus – Receive a bonus equal to the amount of your first deposit.
- 200% Matched Deposit Bonus – Receive a bonus twice the amount of your first deposit.
How To Find The Best New Customer Betting Offers
There are a rang of factors you should be considering when searching for the best free bet offers and sign up bonuses.
- Free Bet Amounts – Of course, you want to claim the biggest possible free bet or bonus amount possible.
- Wagering Requirements – Some offers, most commonly deposit bonus offers, come with wagering requirements that need to be fulfilled in order for you to be able to withdraw.
- Min Odds – This is a common factor among most free bet and deposit bonuses offers. Bookmakers may set specific odds for your qualifying bets in order for you to claim your free bet or bonuses or your free bet stake.
- Validity Period – Once credited, bookmakers may give you a certain amount of time for you to use your free bets or bonus funds. If you fail to use them within the designated period you will lose them. Alternatively, you may have to meet wagering requirements within a specific period. If you fail to meet the wagering requirements within the designated period then your bonus funds will be forfeited.
Free bets are a great way to boost your betting bank and with bookmakers constantly competing for your business, there has never been a better time to do exactly that.
With that in mind, we would recommend that you take advantage of as many betting sign up offers and open accounts with as many bookmakers as possible in order to get the most value from your bets.